News, Updates, Activities, Assignments,...
1. Rev. Fr. Richard Matanda from Shimbwe Parish to Mrao Parish - assistant pastor
2. Rev. Fr. Patrick Soka from Mashati Parish to Mabogini Parish - assistant pastor
3. Rev. Fr. Proches Masomo to Aropagita Designated Parish - assistant pastor
4. Rev. Fr. Valence Assenga still catechetical department director and assistant pastor at Kikavu Chini Designated Parish
5. Rev. Fr. William Ruwaichi education department and assistant pastor at Mnazi Designated Parish
6. Rev. Fr. Andrea Msemo from Usseri Parish to Mashati Parish - assistant pastor
7. Rev. Fr. Paul Ruwaichi from Mrao Parish to Useri Parish - assistant pastor
8. Rev. Fr. Pius Shao from Archdiocese of Arusha to Ngoyoni Designated Parish - pastor
9. Rev. Fr. Dr. Aidan Msafiri - Director of Lombeta Secondary School.
10. Rev. Fr. Charles Aleluya from Mtimhoo Parish to Longuo Priests’ Centre - Director
11. Rev. Fr. Cleophas Boss - Priest in Charge of the Lombeta Secondary School
12. Rev. Fr. Respice Mkwe from Ngoyoni Designated Parish to Njia Panda Himo- priest in charge
The late Frater Godson Kawishe was a student of the first year of Theology studies in the main seminary of St. Charles Lwanga, Segerea - Dar es Salaam. Our condolences to his parents, family, Mrao Parish, fellow classmates, Segerea senior seminary, together with family and friends for this loss. Funeral services will be held on 20 March 2021.
Bishop Ludovick Joseph Minde, Bishop of Catholic Diocese of Moshi, is saddened to announce the death of FRT. GODSON KAWISHE, born of MRAO parish, which happened on 17th March 2021 at the National Hospital of Muhimbili where he was admitted being treated.
Bishop Ludovick Joseph Minde, Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Moshi, is saddened to announce the death of Father Wilbald Mashauri who passed to Eternal Life with Our Heavenly Father on Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 11PM at St. Joseph Hospital, Soweto. His funeral Mass and Christian burial are scheduled on Thursday, 11 March, 2021 at 11AM at St. Joseph Designated Parish - Longuo. Fr. Mashauri was born in 1974 at Mandaka Parish. He was ordained to the priesthood on 12 July 2012. May his soul receive mercy from God. Rest in peace. Amen
With great sadness, Bishop Ludovick Joseph Minde ALCP/OSS would like to announce the death of Rev. Fr. Bonaventure Clemence Kisamaka Ngowi who returned to the Heavenly Father on Wednesday, March 03, 2021 at 9am. His funeral Mass and Christian burial are scheduled on Monday, March 8, 2021 at 11am at St. Joseph Designated Parish - Longuo. Fr. Kisamaka was born at Kifuni designated Parish - Ubwe. He was ordained on Nov. 11, 1975. May his soul Rest In Peace. Amen.
Seven New Transitional Deacons
11 February 2021 -
on the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes
They are now transitional deacons ordained at Christ the King Cathedral in Moshi, Tanzania. Please keep praying for them! The devil will try even harder to stop them for saying that final YES to ordination to the priesthood! Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.
Deacon Albert Lashayo
Deacon Charles Sunday
Deacon Evarist Kaniki
Deacon Gabriel Moshi
Deacon Gasper Setus
Deacon Gastor Bahati
Deacon Isidore Mapendo
Welcome Bishop Ludovick Joseph Minde
Bishop Minde, a native of the Catholic Diocese of Moshi, Tanzania, was installed as Bishop of this diocese on Thursday, March 19th, the feast of St. Joseph.
32 of Tanzania's 34 bishops + 2 auxiliary bishops traveled to Moshi to join the celebrations. While there, they spent two days in a retreat, praying for the end of the coronavirus.
Archbishop Amani moves to Arusha!
Catholic Diocese of Moshi, Chancery Office, P. O. Box 3041 Moshi, Tanzania.
Phone: +255 272 752 157,
Fax +225 2727 50934
© 2015 Moshi Catholic Diocese. Proudly created with Wix.com
Following his appointment by the the Holy Father Pope Francis, Bishop Isaac Amani was appointed the Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Arusha. He was installed on April 8, 2018 and became the 4th archbishop of Arusha, following the retirement of Archbishop Josephat Luis Lebulu, upon reaching the retirement canonical age. Archbishop Amani will truly be missed in Moshi. His ten years of pastoral ministry in Moshi will be remembered with nostalgia.