News, Updates, Activities, Assignments,...
Fr. Simon Mkenda
With faith in the resurrection, the Catholic Diocese of Moshi regrets to announce the deaths of Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Mushi and Rev. Fr. Simon Mkenda. Fr. Mushi hails from Uru and Fr. Mkenda from Mashati. Fr. Mushi was ordained 1987 and Fr. Mkenda 1977. They were both in the retirement house for Moshi priests. Their burial arrangements will be communicated later. May the Lord reward them for their incredible service in the Catholic Church. May they Rest In Peace. Amen
Fr. Emmanuel Mushi
With faith in the resurrection, the Catholic Diocese of Moshi regrets to announce the death of Rev. Fr. Peter Masumbuko Shayo (80). He died at St. Joseph - Soweto Moshi. Fr. Masumbuko until his death was in the retirement house for Moshi priests. His funeral arrangements were scheduled on Saturday, June 12, 2021. Fr. Masumbuko hails from Kilema Parish and was ordained on July 15, 1973. He served with kindness the Catholic Diocese of Moshi for 48 years. May he Rest In Peace. Amen.
1. Rev. Fr. Richard Matanda from Shimbwe Parish to Mrao Parish - assistant pastor
2. Rev. Fr. Patrick Soka from Mashati Parish to Mabogini Parish - assistant pastor
3. Rev. Fr. Proches Masomo to Aropagita Designated Parish - assistant pastor
4. Rev. Fr. Valence Assenga still catechetical department director and assistant pastor at Kikavu Chini Designated Parish
5. Rev. Fr. William Ruwaichi education department and assistant pastor at Mnazi Designated Parish
6. Rev. Fr. Andrea Msemo from Usseri Parish to Mashati Parish - assistant pastor
7. Rev. Fr. Paul Ruwaichi from Mrao Parish to Useri Parish - assistant pastor
8. Rev. Fr. Pius Shao from Archdiocese of Arusha to Ngoyoni Designated Parish - pastor
9. Rev. Fr. Dr. Aidan Msafiri - Director of Lombeta Secondary School.
10. Rev. Fr. Charles Aleluya from Mtimhoo Parish to Longuo Priests’ Centre - Director
11. Rev. Fr. Cleophas Boss - Priest in Charge of the Lombeta Secondary School
12. Rev. Fr. Respice Mkwe from Ngoyoni Designated Parish to Njia Panda Himo- priest in charge
Seven New Transitional Deacons
11 February 2021 -
on the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes
They are now transitional deacons ordained at Christ the King Cathedral in Moshi, Tanzania. Please keep praying for them! The devil will try even harder to stop them for saying that final YES to ordination to the priesthood! Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.
Deacon Albert Lashayo
Deacon Charles Sunday
Deacon Evarist Kaniki
Deacon Gabriel Moshi
Deacon Gasper Setus
Deacon Gastor Bahati
Deacon Isidore Mapendo
Welcome Bishop Ludovick Joseph Minde
Bishop Minde, a native of the Catholic Diocese of Moshi, Tanzania, was installed as Bishop of this diocese on Thursday, March 19th, the feast of St. Joseph.
32 of Tanzania's 34 bishops + 2 auxiliary bishops traveled to Moshi to join the celebrations. While there, they spent two days in a retreat, praying for the end of the coronavirus.
Archbishop Amani moves to Arusha!
Catholic Diocese of Moshi, Chancery Office, P. O. Box 3041 Moshi, Tanzania.
Phone: +255 272 752 157,
Fax +225 2727 50934
© 2015 Moshi Catholic Diocese. Proudly created with Wix.com
Following his appointment by the the Holy Father Pope Francis, Bishop Isaac Amani was appointed the Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Arusha. He was installed on April 8, 2018 and became the 4th archbishop of Arusha, following the retirement of Archbishop Josephat Luis Lebulu, upon reaching the retirement canonical age. Archbishop Amani will truly be missed in Moshi. His ten years of pastoral ministry in Moshi will be remembered with nostalgia.